Let's face it, not everyone is a carpenter, and most of our woodworking vocabularies don't go too far past "sanding" and "two-by-four." Luckily, there are many projects that don't really involve much more than those two terms. Some of the below DIYs are a little simpler than others, but you can totally work your way up from an easy holiday decoration to a whole bench. Dare to challenge yourself and hone your woodworking chops!
1. This simple, cute holiday (or year-round) decoration is perfect for beginners.
2. This bench and two side tables are a little trickier, but they're great for any backyard.
3. This entryway bench is great for some extra storage and a place to sit and lace up your boots.
4. This bike rack can do wonders for organizing the big, clunky modes of transportation.
5. Are your blankets strewn all over your living room? Throw together this quick ladder instead.
6. If you're a big gardener, this potting bench is perfect for you!
7. This couch is much cozier than plastic patio chairs.
8. A porch swing will make everyone happy!
9. Feeling musical? Make this backyard xylophone.
10. This outdoor sectional looks super fancy and expensive.
11. These bar stools are so simple, but so classy.
12. This folding stick chair is great if you need to store your seating away when you're not using it.
13. If you're running low on kitchen storage and counter space, this cute cart is ideal.
14. This larger cart is also great for storage in other places around your home.
15. Seriously, never underestimate how essential storage is to your sanity.
16. A simple tea light centerpiece can make your table so elegant.
17. Short people rejoice! These itty-bitty stools are adorable.
18. It doesn't really get simpler than this picture or card holder.
19. If you're trying to save the world, use those scrap two-by-fours to make a solar heating panel.
20. A giant wall ruler is a super-fun way for the kids to measure their height.
21. Your kids will also love this mini picnic table.
22. This giant Jenga game is perhaps the most important project of all.
What are you waiting for? Go grab some two-by-fours and get your craft on! You know you're eager to tell all your friends, "I made that!"