After spending half my life as a vegetarian, much to the dismay of pretty much my whole Southern family, I recently decided to reintroduce fish into my diet. Since expanding my palate to the pescatarian options, I've discovered a whole new world of culinary delights.
For instance, a simple can of tuna can be transformed into some seriously impressive dishes. Each of these taste-bud-tempting recipes will have you stocking up on the chicken of the sea.
1. This white bean soup will warm your heart.
2. This tuna burger is ridiculously easy to make.
3. Stuff some zucchinis for a perfect veggie and protein combo.
4. Or slice them up for a cheesy tuna bake.
5. Sweet potato fans will love these tuna cakes.
6. I'd do anything for love...and this tuna loaf.
7. I bet you didn't think canned tuna could be this classy, huh?
8. Give your tuna a spicy kick with these quesadillas.
9. Or maybe you're more in the mood for some yummy tacos.
10. These empanadas are making my mouth water.
11. You can also spice up a chopped tuna salad with some sprigs of cilantro.
12. Avocados and tuna: a perfect combination.
13. Give your family a new take on stuffed peppers.
14. These tuna cakes can also spice up your life.
15. A cream cheese tuna ball will be the hit of any holiday party.
16. This delicious pie combines the fish with yummy risotto and greens.
17. Once you pop one of these deep-fried tuna melt bites, you won't be able to stop.
18. A dash of curry can take your tuna salad sandwich to a whole new level.
19. You'll want to keep these perfect party treat croquettes all to yourself.
20. Embrace your inner fisherman with this scrumptious pie.
21. This lemon rice recipe will add some zest to your life.
22. Look no further than your cupboard for the perfect stir-fry ingredient.
23. Give the tired old tuna casserole a tasty makeover.
24. Or maybe you're looking for a flavorful low-carb version.
25. Missing pulled pork in your diet? No problem.
26. This tuna melt is so easy you'll want it every day.
27. Or skip the bread and go with this stuffed tomato instead.
My cat will be so thrilled when he finds out how many cans he'll get to help me clean while I test out each and every one of these recipes.