If there's any time of year perfect for making home-cooked meals, it's fall. There are so many wonderful veggies and root vegetables in their prime, ready to fill your dishes with flavor (and color!). What scares me off from so many "from scratch" meals, though, are all the different steps to follow. I mean, I know I could do them, but the intricacies make the thought of cooking even more overwhelming.
If you're like me and are wary of complicated recipes, you might also be hesitant to try all those yummy fall dishes you see this time of year. Luckily, a Crock-Pot solves all those problems! Plus, all the flavors are allowed to mingle with each other -- while your food is cooking, just picture all the ingredients having a party together.
1. Honey garlic chicken and veggies are sure to keep you cozy.
2. Who doesn't love chicken and dumplings?
3. Apples paired with pork chops are sure to put you into an autumnal mood.
4. Loaded potato soup sounds like the greatest thing ever.
5. This sausage, spinach, and white bean soup will be perfect for a fireside meal.
6. The root veggies in this pot roast make it perfect for a chilly night.
7. Don't worry, vegetarians, you can have your filling quinoa chili and eat it, too!
8. Turns out you don't have to spend $6 a cup on this sought-after beverage.
9. Butternut squash, chicken, and quinoa? That's so fall.
10. This cheesy chicken spaghetti is making my mouth water, and it has nothing to do with the fact I had to skip lunch.
Okay, maybe a tiny bit.
11. This healthy take on chicken tortilla soup is just as tasty as the heartier version.
12. This spinach artichoke dip is 100% guaranteed to please your guests while they wait for the main course.
13. After a long afternoon of raking the yard, this beef stew will make you so happy.
14. There are few things that say fall quite like butternut squash soup.
15. Except for maybe this one, that has maple-roasted chickpeas on top.
16. But if split pea soup is more your speed...this recipe topped with smoked gouda will warm you to your bones.
17. This hearty soup is full of yummy fall vegetables.
18. Dessert, anyone?
19. Maple pumpkin Chex mix will be perfect for those pumpkin spice junkies out there.
20. How about this pumpkin pecan bread pudding, though...
21. You can also make a mean caramel apple crumble in your slow cooker.
Now there's no excuse to pass up a nice trip to the farmers' market. Go grab some plump squash and pretty produce. Your Crock-Pot is waiting for you to fill it with goodness!