One of my family's longest-held Christmas traditions is having each person select a special new ornament to trim the tree. We've got quite a large collection by now but that won't stop us from keeping the custom alive every holiday season.
However, I think I'll skip the store this time and craft one of these super-cute options instead. Adding a personal touch is so much more fun than anything you could find in the aisles.
1. Use Sharpies to create cute wood slice messages or designs.
2. Or you could go with these adorable reindeer silhouettes instead.
3. These pretty pinecones are a cinch to make and add rustic class to any tree.
4. Go meta with these totally adorable tiny tinsel trees.
5. Or go for these less flashy mini evergreens to add a delightful dash of cinnamon scent.
6. Unless you want way more than a dash, in which case these cinnamon applesauce cuties will do the trick.
7. Or maybe you prefer some citrus with your spice.
8. Melting peppermint candies into cookie cutters adds a minty freshness to your fir.
9. Or you can use colorful baker's twine for these beautiful bursts.
10. This geometric star looks gorgeous from all angles.
11. Upcycle your leftover foil pans from Thanksgiving for these stellar stars.
12. Go for the gold with this spiky orb.
13. Or give these gilded clay feathers a go instead.
14. You can use the same idea for these classic shapes, too.
15. Personalize a plain ornament with fancy stickers and sparkly glitter.
16. This creative cluster will give your tree some chic style.
17. These intricate designs are actually done with temporary tattoos.
18. Pin some poinsettias to a foam ball for a pop of pretty.
19. Or make your mark on these stamped burlap versions.
20. Use mason jar lids and fabric for this fun, folksy idea.
21. Bookworms will love these folded snowflakes made from old texts.
22. Pay homage to the reason for the season with this mini nativity scene.
23. Make sure you don't leave out your pets with these precious paw prints.
24. Bust out some Scrabble letters without causing a family war for the winner.
25. Extra points for anyone who can make this melty snowman look the most like Olaf from Frozen.
26. This kooky yarn Rudolf will give your kids the giggles.
27. Celebrate with the Peanuts gang using felt and embroidery hoops.
28. These snazzy dino toys will make your tree rawr-k.
Pick whichever ones fit your tree's theme. Luckily, my family likes to keep things eclectic because those dinos are definitely calling my name.