Concrete is such a fascinating material to work with. Yes, once it's hardened, it's known for being incredibly durable and in some cases harsh. But before it hardens it can do anything just like other liquids, which means you can form it into any shape you'd like. This leaves so much room for creativity, and these 25 crafts are just the beginning of the concrete possibilities.
1. Try this geometric bookend for some structural flair.
2. Revive a worn-out dining table and make it super modern.
3. Try these glass and concrete coasters for a splash of shine and color.
4. Then again, function can be overrated.
5. Just kidding, this iPad stand is pretty cool.
6. Maybe you just want a big ol' bowl for a tiny succulent?
I mean, you can also put other things in it...
7. Or an even bigger bowl -- aka a fire pit.
8. This copper and concrete lamp is so elegantly industrial...I need it.
9. Maybe you just want to tell people to smell the roses.
10. These spooky hand planters are weird enough to work.
11. This simple vase is just about as easy as a craft can get!
12. Because who wants candy in their plastic Easter eggs these days, anyway? Besides, these are good for any time of year.
13. Solar lights can be modern, beautiful, and eco-friendly!
14. This lampshade is as bold as it gets.
15. This adorable miniature cake stand is easy as pie. Ohh, mini pie!
16. Tired of your drab bathroom countertop? This is so modern, and SO easy.
17. This peephole lamp is pretty neat.
18. How's a nice, cascading fountain sound? Tranquil, that's how.
19. This ring bowl is so incredibly easy, but it looks like a million (or at least dozens of) dollars.
20. These doorstops are fun and elegant.
21. These lace votive holders are charming and industrial, the best combo.
22. This concrete planter could also be used as a drink cooler, if you'd like.
23. Did your cookie-cutter house come with cheap kitchen drawer pulls? Look at it as an opportunity to get creative.
24. Ampersands are very in right now.
25. Do you like Star Wars? Cool, we've got you.
There's just something about the raw, industrial look concrete adds to a home -- it's a wonderful contrast to the soft cushions on your couch and the flowing curtains that frame your windows.
And don't be intimidated by working with concrete -- it's not that hard, we promise!