Every room needs a focal point...something totally amazing that deserves a second of admiration every time you walk into the space. In the kitchen, that might be a fantastic glass-tiled backsplash or a restaurant-grade stove. In the living room it could be a bold, bright couch or a regal fireplace. In the bedroom, though, the focal point is almost always the headboard. The presence -- or rather absence -- of a headboard can make or break your boudoir's look. It can also set you back a big chunk of cash...unless you make it yourself!
These 22 beautiful DIY headboards are sure to bring your bedroom to the next level without breaking the bank.
1. This diamond-tufted headboard is such a classic look.
2. This simplified look is really great for the no-frills type.
3. Turn an old, thrifted headboard into something totally luxurious.
4. A vintage shutter headboard is perfect for a slightly rustic feeling.
5. You could write whatever you want, but this message is a sweet sentiment.
6. If you're running low on storage, build some shelves to serve as a headboard.
7. If you've got a bunch of pallets hanging around, this headboard is so classy, no one will know how little you spent on it.
8. A cottage-style headboard will add a homey feel to any bedroom.
9. This IKEA hack is so easy and classy.
10. A barn door makes for a great accent.
11. Who doesn't love a good herringbone pattern?
12. This distressed, whitewashed look paired with some lights will definitely brighten up your space.
13. A tufted headboard doesn't have to be a boring rectangle, no sir!
14. Would you believe me if I told you this was made out of doormats?
15. Maybe you're renting and are looking for a temporary solution.
16. If you're not a fan of your old metal headboard, cover it up with some beautiful fabric!
17. Repurpose an old sign for this delightfully kitschy look.
18. This woven design is fun for a kid's bedroom, but can be played down for a more adult look, too.
19. This one's sure to bring sweet dreams.
20. A fancy pattern paired with geometric tiles is a perfect mix of elegant and modern.
21. The nailheads around the edge are just the right amount of flair.
22. But if you're going for a statement-maker, this big, bold piece is for you.
There's nothing like drifting off to sleep in a space that feels like it's totally your own...and there's no better way to accomplish that than by customizing your headboard. Your very own happy place is just a few steps away.