DIY projects always seem like a really great idea...but two hours later, you're 15 steps in, covered in glue, and your project looks nothing like the Pinterest picture you started with. You might have had one traumatic do-it-yourself experience that has put you off the stuff for good, but these 21 projects are so simple, they'll be just the bridge you need to get you back into the serious crafting game! Or, if you just want to dabble, that's fine, too!
1. Everyone loves Funfetti...so make a candle that looks and smells like it.
2. These mugs were decorated using nothing but a Sharpie and an oven.
3. Can you never figure out which key opens what door? Just grab some nail polish.
4. This felt fruit mobile might be the most adorably simple project out there.
5. Use cheap knobs and driftwood to make this easy and beautiful necklace holder.
6. This one's less practical...but awesome for kids (or kids at heart): glowing rice!
7. It really doesn't get much simpler than these wine cork candles. It's just two steps, and the first is to drink a bunch of wine.
8. This record side table is deceptively simple, and obviously awesome.
9. Turn an old toy into the best cookie dish ever in the history of time.
10. Don't spend an arm and a leg on a tin lantern you can make yourself for under $5.
11. Turn old fabric into awesome wall art.
13. Succulents are picky, but this faux plant and planter is super easy to make AND take care of.
14. Got a bunch of empty beer bottles but are too lazy to take out the recycling? Make them pretty instead!
15. ...Or make some art out of them before you toss 'em.
16. Make your own body butter in a couple steps...and know for sure it's free of harsh chemicals!
17. If you love watching movies the old-fashioned way...try this out.
18. Tired of your tacky cheese knives? Turn them into these:
19. Put some polka dots on your door...because why not?
20. Always losing your lip balm? Make a bunch of your own instead.
21. This pillow requires no sewing whatsoever.
Hopefully one of these fun projects will do just the trick to get you excited about your hot glue gun again. Plus...they all look so fantastic! Your friends will be super impressed at your crafting abilities, even if the project took just a few quick steps.