If you've ever furnished a home, you know that it's a costly endeavor. Area rugs are inexplicably worth a small fortune, bedroom sets will make you fall behind on rent, and lamps somehow take up very little space while also hogging a huge chunk of your monthly budget.
But DIY expert Igor Pinsky just found a way to get luxurious lamps for under $30. With some logs, wires, and a little elbow grease, you can make some for yourself!
Along with a few logs and lampshades, here's what you'll need to start:
A power drill with a long bit, a hacksaw, a box cutter, a screwdriver, basic lamp parts, epoxy resin, two chip brushes, and latex gloves.
1. Drill a pilot hole into a log and string the wire through to ensure that it fits. Remove the wire and set it aside for later.
2. In the same hole, add the central stand for the lamp.
3. String the wire through the stand.
4. Pop in a bulb and add lampshades.
5. This step is optional, but you could then coat the logs with high-gloss epoxy resin for a more professional look.
And there you have it! Gorgeous lamps for a fraction of the price.
He kept things super affordable by buying lamps at thrift stores and using those parts, but if you're having trouble doing that, you can always turn to Amazon. If you want to give this project a go, check out a comprehensive guide here!