Let's face it, party planning isn't for everyone. There are tons of details to think through, but the payoff is always worth it! It's nice to have a little help beforehand, though, especially for a holiday as specialized as Halloween. We're not masterminds of all things spooky, so here are 21 Halloween hacks that'll help you throw a tasteful (or not so much...) and creepy costume bash.
1. Preserve your pumpkins and jack-o'-lanterns to keep your house spookier for longer.
2. Use cookie cutters to get perfect cutouts.
3. Eat brains, be happy.
4. Make glow-in-the-dark drinks using tonic water -- it glows under a black light.
5. Actually, dip anything in tonic water and it'll glow for ya.
6. The cheese-to-pretzel ratio on these tiny broomsticks is spot-on.
7. Pretzels are also great for witchy fingers. Ick.
8. Turn a pumpkin into an ice bucket.
9. Attach magnets to candy as a fun way to decorate your kitchen while also providing snacks.
10. These adorable mummy snacks are super easy to make.
11. Freeze some fake spiders into an ice cube tray for creepy drinks.
12. These glow hands add a fun ambiance to any Halloween party.
13. These black cat Oreos are perfect for your weird cat lady friend.
14. Forgot your guests were expecting dinner? Whip up this mummy pizza...the only bad thing is that only two people get olives.
15. Make a last-minute kitty costume with just a few materials. Then feel free to continue to wear it for the rest of the year, too.
16. Gross out your guests with realistic drinkable blood.
17. Not everyone likes to eat candy corn, but it is synonymous with Halloween. These vases are a good substitute.
18. If you're not feeling creative, browse through this, um, modest collection of pumpkin stencils.
19. Feeling deranged? No problem, serve guacamole in a dissected baby doll.
20. A snake wreath is perfect if you don't want that guy that's afraid of 'em to have the courage to ring your doorbell.
21. I love these vampire donuts more than anything right now.
Now you're all set to creep out your guests! If you really want to go all out, you could TP your own house like my family used to do. Hey, at least you're keeping the vandalism out of your neighbors' yards!