Since I tend to wake up about five minutes before I need to leave the house, it's essential for my makeup routine to be as quick and easy as possible. Luckily, I've been able to master a few tricks of the trade that keep the process super simple.
Do yourself a favor and memorize these amazing beauty hacks. You'll feel even more gorgeous knowing you didn't waste any time sweating the small stuff.
1. Put your eye makeup on first so you're not smudging up the foundation with the dust that inevitably falls.
2. Warm up your mascara in your bra to make it easier to apply.
3. Or you can just use a cup of warm water, but where's the fun in that?
4. Curl your lashes and apply eyeliner at the same time.
5. Use contact solution to make your mascara last longer.
6. Add a dash of powder on your lashes to give them extra volume.
7. Out of blush? No problem, use your lipstick.
8. This is the correct way to apply under-eye concealer:
9. Plump up your lips by adding a few drops of peppermint or cinnamon oil to your lip gloss.
10. Snatch some toilet seat covers from your office to use as oil blotters.
11. Use Scotch tape as a guide while applying a cat eye.
12. Or you can use an old business card, too.
13. Cover up dark under-eye circles with red lipstick.
14. Line your bottom lid with white or light eyeliner to create the illusion of bigger eyes.
15. Freeze a couple of spoons and apply them to your face to fight under-eye bags.
16. You can also use a spoon to help you get the perfect winged eyeliner.
17. Mascara also makes for a pretty great eyeliner.
18. Make your eyeshadow pop by starting with a layer of white.
19. Test new foundation shades on your neck, not your arm.
20. Grab a wig brush to tackle particularly bad tangles in your hair.
21. Dab some Q-tips in your perfume and keep them in a plastic bag to freshen your scent throughout the day.
22. Spray bobby pins with hairspray before using to help them maintain their hold longer.
23. Spray a toothbrush with hairspray to put those little fly-away hairs in their place.
This also works great for eyebrows.
24. Visine works as a great spot treatment for pesky zits.
25. Or you can use Listerine if you prefer a minty-fresh feeling while you zap zits.
26. Get rid of annoying blackheads with a mixture of lemon and honey.
27. Use warm coffee grounds to battle cellulite.
28. And finally, when all's said and done, coconut oil can be used as a natural makeup remover.
You should just go ahead and invest in a big tub of coconut oil since that stuff is crazy useful and less abrasive than the chemical options in your drugstore. Trust us, you won't be sorry.