Whether it's the Post-It note or a simple service like Seamless, we've all had that moment in our lives where we say, Jeez, why didn't I think of that?!
Well, the subreddit LifeProTips is rife with quick advice that you'll be ashamed you didn't bestow upon the world first. With everything from dog training to cleaning and office etiquette, prepare to get that much better at life.
1. "Personalize your credit card with a picture of your dream destination so when you pull it out, you'll think twice about whether you need to spend that money."
(via Reddit / bariumprof)
2. "Always write the body of an email before inputting who you're sending it to."
(via Reddit / deeepfreeeze)
3. "Get rid of a sneeze that's coming on by rubbing your tongue against the roof of your mouth."
4. "Use the broken nut pieces at the bottom of the container to top chocolate bars and ice cream."
(via Reddit / skylander495)
5. "Place a damp paper towel over your rice/noodles when reheating in the microwave to keep the food soft."
6. "When you get paid, put a big sum of money into a savings account and transfer a weekly allowance every Monday."
(via Reddit / Ello-Dave)
7. "Pour a small cup full of kitty litter...in the bottom of your kitchen trash can to absorb liquid [if] the bag becomes punctured."
(via Reddit / jesselikesboys)
8. Or, "put tea tree oil in the bottom of your kitchen" trash bin.
(via Reddit / aevictory)
9. Need to get pet hair off clothes? "Wetting your hands just slightly and then brushing off your clothes works."
(via Reddit / elle-noelle)
10. "Dragging heavy objects across carpet? Put cardboard underneath."
(via Reddit / BSTUNO)
11. "Cutting through aluminium foil will sharpen your scissors."
(via Reddit / Vikas6190)
12. "If you have a puppy, put the leash on them while they are inside so they get comfortable with it."
(via Reddit / xwhocares3x)
13. "Hide a copy of your house key somewhere outside a few blocks away from your house in an inconspicuous spot. Burn the spot into your memory."
(via Reddit / kizavoez)
14. Wear "a white shirt when your children are born; the hospital can do an ink print of your kid's little footsies on it as a keepsake."
(via Reddit / AtTheFirePit)
15. "Forgot a load of laundry in the dryer, now it's all wrinkly? Add a wet towel to the load and run it again."
(via Reddit / Pyronic_Chaos)
16. "After handed a business card, take a moment to write on the back who they were and what you need them for."
(via Reddit / headexpl0dy)
17. "Always keep a copy of all your documents in your email, especially when traveling abroad."
(via Reddit / acekaze)
18. "Make your own after-shower spray" to keep your shower clean with one part white vinegar, three parts water in a spray bottle.
(via Reddit / headykain)
19. "Mix your favorite cologne/perfume with unscented lotion."
(via Reddit / Infini7y)