The cost of keeping your skin clean, wrinkle-free, and young-looking really isn't cheap. Purchasing a top-shelf cleansing regimen can set you back $100...which is totally absurd. Plus, there are so many chemicals packed into those products, it's hard to know what kinds of abrasive elements you're subjecting your skin to. You don't want to end up doing more harm than good to your skin just because you don't know what you're actually using.
Luckily, there are tons of natural remedies out there that are beneficial to your skin...you just have to know how to harness their powers! These 20 skincare recipes will help you glow without blowing your bank account or utilizing harsh chemicals.
1. This charcoal and clay mask will help you with the acne that everyone promised you would be gone by now.
2. This honey and cinnamon face mask would also honestly be great drizzled over peanut butter toast...
3. This simple skin-brightening toner is great for oily skin.
All you need is lemon juice, water, and witch hazel.
4. A yogurt and mint mask is incredibly refreshing and will help clear your skin.
5. Whip up some coconut oil to make a nourishing body lotion.
6. An olive oil facial cleanser is great for getting off makeup and leaving skin moisturized.
7. Rice and milk can help you look younger.
8. An avocado and honey mask will leave your skin totally nourished.
9. Don't forget your lips! They need exfoliating, too, so try this scrub.
10. This lavender lotion is perfect for those that love the floral scent.
11. You'll know exactly what goes into this all-natural acne scrub...chemicals can be terrible for your skin!
12. Making a green tea face mask and wearing it overnight targets uneven skin tone as well as blemishes.
13. You can also use green tea to make this toner.
14. Soak rice and sesame overnight for a revitalizing scrub in the morning.
15. It's important to learn exactly what ingredients are perfect for your skin when making your own lotion.
16. What sounds better than a vanilla and olive oil shower scrub? Your skin will be silky smooth and you'll smell delicious.
17. Coffee can help firm, moisturize, brighten, and exfoliate your skin...so mix it into a scrub!
18. You could also try this mint and sugar scrub! The joy of making products at home is being able to customize them.
19. Baking soda can help get rid of that ashy-grey skin on your elbows and knees.
20. Tomatoes are full of vitamins that are great for your skin. They also have acid and potassium to brighten it. Mash 'em up and apply as needed.
Trust me, it's worth the extra few minutes to mix together a few ingredients if it means a lifetime's worth of beautiful skin. These natural solutions are definitely the way to go...I can't wait to try the coffee scrub!