The moment you use the last paper towel in the kitchen is the dawn of a dark time. Until you buy a new roll, you'll have to use your nice hand towels (that are only meant to come out for guests) to clean up all your messes.
The main purpose for paper towels is already engrained into our daily lives...but did you know that there were so, so many more ways to use this common item? Here are just a few:
1. Wrap a paper towel around your olive oil bottle to keep it from dripping all over everything.
2. If you need to sprinkle brown sugar on your oatmeal but it's rock solid...
Toss a damp paper towel in the bag and let it sit for about 20 minutes before you cook your oatmeal. It'll soften up in a flash.
3. When microwaving your food, cover it in a moist paper towel.
It'll lose its water and turn rubbery and weird if you don't!
4. Keep your salad greens in a bag with a dry paper towel. They'll last much longer.
5. Wrap your herbs in a damp paper towel.
6. Dab your red meat with a paper towel before you sear it.
The dry surface will make a crispier, more mouthwatering texture when it meets the heat of the pan.
7. If you're out of coffee filters or need to strain out very fine grains or particles, opt for a paper towel.
8. Cook bacon between paper towels in the microwave.
It'll save you a ton of grease cleanup!
9. Use a piece of the cardboard roll to make personalized party crackers.
10. Wrap your christmas lights around a tube to keep them from getting absurdly tangled.
11. Use the empty tubes to keep tall boots from getting creases.
12. Use paper towels to dry your hair to reduce frizz.
13. Vinegar-soaked paper towels will do wonders on grimy faucets.
14. Use empty tubes to make cute tights organizers.
15. Use a paper towel and an iron to remove dents from wood.
16. Get perfect curls using paper towels instead of heat.
17. Use the tube to start your seeds!
18. Make your own iPhone speaker.
19. Wrap a warm bottle of champagne in wet paper towels and pop it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
You'll be ready to celebrate in a jiffy.
20. You can use a paper towel to smooth down the chilled icing on a cake to make it look like a pro frosted it.
Better go stock up on paper towels now that you know how useful they can be! Just make sure that you aren't being wasteful...dry your hands with a dish towel when you can, and be conscious of how many sheets you're pulling off the roll!