Putting photos of your happy memories on display throughout your home is one of the best ways to guarantee a smile or two while going through your daily routine. The process of hanging those photos, however, tends to be less happy and more of a hassle.
But that doesn't mean we leave our walls bare! Instead, try some of these awesome tricks and creative ideas for showing off all your snapshots.
1. Download one of the many handy level apps onto your phone. Trust us.
2. Measure out big projects on leftover wrapping paper.
3. Or use scrap paper to plan out your gallery-wall-style display.
4. Use a paint stirring stick to easily measure where your nail should go.
5. Hang posters without tearing off your paint when you take them down by using a buffer layer of painter's tape, then double-sided tape.
6. Painter's tape also comes in handy when measuring frames that require two nails.
7. And again to line up your staircase photos.
8. Use it to keep everything in line on a gallery wall.
(Seriously, invest in this stuff before you start hanging anything.)
9. Use washi tape to create unique faux frames.
10. Not a big enough hook for you to latch to the nail? Add a soda can tab!
11. Weave twine, wire, or ribbon into geometric shapes to clip your photos to.
12. Or get a rustic look by hanging them from a branch and some twine.
13. A curtain rod can be used to hang multiple frames without multiple holes.
14. Hanging them from your crown molding elongates any space.
15. Grab some wood planks, hammer in some wire, and clip the photos right on the line.
16. Or use chicken wire in any frame of your choice, like this dividing door version.
17. Add hinges to a clipboard to create a cute display easel.
18. Make duplicates of your vacation photos to trim and tape onto a map.
19. Measure up your memories with a yard stick, some clothing pins, and decorative ribbon.
20. Paint old shutters to clip your photos and mementos on.
21. Create a photo wreath using cardboard and clothing pins.
22. Hang concentric embroidery hoops for a chandelier effect.
23. Or go for this messy-chic version, instead.
24. Add photo ledges to one wall for a display you can rearrange whenever you feel like.
Finally, no more lost deposits from destroying a wall with several attempts to hang just one photo! And your home will still become a museum of memories.