Odds are, you have at least one old ruler hanging around your house. When was the last time you used it? (We know...you can't remember.)
While you don't have to be a teacher to enjoy repurposed ruler crafts, those who are crafting our young minds have one of the most important and difficult jobs out there. They're always so busy grading papers (usually with a glass of wine), making lesson plans, or writing up progress reports before parent-teacher conferences. There is no end to the work a teacher does, and gosh darn it they deserve every bit of thanks!
These 20 ruler crafts are great gift ideas for a friend or for your kid's favorite teacher. From effortlessly simple to a little more involved, these projects are perfect for the holiday season.
1. Make an adorable serving tray for breakfast in bed.
2. Transform an old dresser into this totally unique piece.
3. A ruler lamp would look good in a classroom, living room, or a bedroom.
4. A side table covered in rulers will add so much character to any home.
5. You could also hang rulers from your ceiling for some cute overhead lighting.
6. This would be absolutely perfect for displaying students' artwork, or for showing off your most recent family portraits.
7. A coatrack with fun colors from some vintage rulers will make your entryway a conversation starter.
8. This would be a wonderful gift for a student to make for the special teacher who's helped change their life.
9. This nameplate variation of a wreath would make any new teacher so happy!
10. Simple, yet so sweet!
11. This mini tree can take the place of a real one in any classroom.
12. A chalkboard picture frame is exactly what every teacher needs to keep track of that to-do list.
13. Everyone knows organization in the classroom is crucial.
14. This adorable arrow wall art is so trendy.
15. These pencil holders are cute for literally any occasion.
16. Turn some old rulers into crafty drawer pulls.
17. We all know how many folders teachers have. So. Many. Folders.
18. Who says these have to be a holiday gift? They're so versatile!
19. With little munchkins around, step stools are a necessity! Also, some of those classroom shelves are kind of high up for teach...
20. Make a birdhouse out of old rulers so the birds know whether or not their couch will fit in the living area.
I'd love to put any of these in my home even though I'm not a teacher. Maybe you know someone that loves quirky vintage finds, or who's obsessed with numbers. These projects would be so great for just about anyone...even yourself!