When I moved into my apartment I realized I had neglected to notice one important aspect: there was no overhead lighting in any of the bedrooms. Something about the old-fashioned architecture, I suppose, but regardless of the reason, I was definitely in a pickle.
Best solution? String lights! There's no need to wait for the holidays to embrace the twinkling, sparkling splendor of these little bulbs.
1. This delightful headboard could also be made by combining unpainted canvases.
2. Or you can line them up into a cute pattern.
3. They're also great for making sure there are no monsters under the bed.
4. This genius idea might make your kids fight over the bottom bunk for once.
5. You'll always look your best in this bright mirror.
6. Use mesh lights in the corner for a romantic twinkle effect.
7. Keep it simple with a single strand as your bedside lamp.
8. Make sure everyone notices your knickknacks on the shelf.
9. Forgo frames and pin your pics to some lights instead.
10. Or if you've really got your heart set on a frame, this method looks adorable, too.
11. The only way to write on your wall without mom/your landlord getting mad.
12. Transform the plain lights into a beautiful bouquet.
13. Egg cartons also work great for a sturdier bloom.
14. These fringy flowers are precious, too.
15. Decorate some Dixie cups for perfect mood lighting at parties.
16. Give your old stuffed animals a luminous new life.
17. See your name in lights when you make your own movie marquee.
18. Give the lights a dreamy effect by tying tulle tutus around the bulbs.
19. Or slip them inside some burlap for a rustic feel.
20. This doily wreath can light up your room all year long.
21. A simple hula hoop can become a glam chandelier.
22. Or you can go with this fancy tulle version.
23. And think outside the box with this bright orb.
24. No worries about candles catching your dinner guests' sleeves on fire with this sparkly table setting.
25. Crochet around rope lights for a breathtaking, decorative rug.
26. Poke the bulbs through particle board for stage design, playhouses, or spicing up a studio apartment.
27. Get the feel of camping without fear of pesky bugs by staying inside with this "fire pit."
28. No space for a Christmas tree? No problem!
Of course we had to include at least one holiday-themed craft. It's just too cute! This is definitely the cheapest way to add light to a room, and there are so many adorable options! Now is the perfect time to stock up and start lighting up your life.