It's a pretty big misconception that you need a ton of overpriced materials to make really cool decor items for your home. You don't need to ask for help from the Home Depot guy to find this super-simple craft supply - string, or in some cases yarn, is pretty straightforward.
Yes, you can create some pretty amazing things for your house, making it truly feel like a home...from wall art to ornaments and even fun fashion accessories, simple string is more versatile than you think!
1. Make sure your headphones are virtually un-tangle-able (that's a word, right?) with this trick.
2. Braid a chic necklace with some thin strands of rope.
3. Get back to a groovier time with a pretty yarn banner wall hanging.
4. These tiny trees can add just the right touch of cheer to your home this time of year.
5. Wrap some rope or yarn around vases and secure it with glue.
6. Instead of boring one-toned walls, add some texture by wrapping your roller with yarn.
7. Or, just wrap a canvas in yarn and spray-paint it.
8. Get a little psychedelic with your string.
9. The best part about these yarn ornaments is that they don't break!
10. No one will believe these ornaments are made with string and cardboard.
11. And these baker's twine ornaments are absolutely adorable.
12. When you wrap washers with different colors of string, you can make beautiful necklaces.
13. Show that home is where the heart is, literally, with this homage to your birthplace.
14. You can also just say what you mean.
15. Who said you can't also paint with string art?
Head to this Etsy shop to check more ideas out.
16. This ombre yarn letter would be perfect for a little girl's room.
17. And this bowl is so simple, you can -- and should -- get the kids involved!
18. Mix mediums with string and faux flowers.
You can also just buy this here!
19. Opt for real greenery with this string art featuring air plants.
20. A yarn lampshade is delicate and functional.
21. Showcase your favorite photos or art on this string tree mural.
See? String has so many uses you never knew about...and they're all beautiful!