November's here, folks, and the time has finally come to let go of your pumpkin obsession. You knew it was going to happen eventually; it's time to cut the cord and move on to something else...dare we say it, something better?
With Thanksgiving on everyone's mind, sweet potatoes are the obvious replacement for that pumpkin flavor. Potatoes are a little heartier than pumpkins, and it seems like you should feel guilty eating them. But sweet potatoes are packed with good stuff like vitamin A and potassium...
So feel free to stuff your face with these 27 irresistible dishes!
1. These rosemary potato stackers are what dreams are made of.
2. These tots, too, are what dreams are made of. Lots of sweet potato dreams.
3. The only thing better than homemade potato chips are homemade salt and vinegar sweet potato chips.
4. Some sweet potato hash with runny eggs in the morning is all you'll ever want after you taste it.
5. If you like a sweet and savory combo for breakfast, try this apple cinnamon sweet potato waffle.
6. Tell me, honestly, that your mouth isn't watering at the sight of these extra-crispy wedges...I dare you!
7. Stop it right now with this slow cooker sweet potato soup. Stop it again with the maple bacon garnish, puh-lease.
8. If you like it spicy, try these hot sweet potatoes made with chili powder.
9. If you don't believe marshmallows belong on a dinner plate, use a crushed pecan crust on your casserole instead.
10. If you're anything like me and are constantly craving Mexican food...try these sweet potato, black bean, and kale quesadillas.
11. You might also like these saucy enchiladas.
12. You thought you were getting through this list without some gnocchi? Think again. Holy brown butter sage sauce, Batman!
13. These smashed 'tatoes with a lemon garlic aioli belong in a museum...and also my tummy.
14. If you're a seafood person, even on Turkey Day, this kale, sweet potato, and shrimp skillet is just for you.
15. These are kinda like crab cakes, except with sweet potatoes and corn. The side of garlic dipping sauce sealed it for me.
16. My jaw literally dropped when I saw this sweet potato and brie mac and cheese. Can you imagine this baked into a casserole with a crunchy crust?
17. It's impossible to go wrong with scalloped potatoes.
18. Don't ask, just stuff some baked sweet potatoes with pulled pork and BBQ sauce right now.
19. As if just imagining how crunchy and sweet these curly fries are isn't enough...there's also a recipe for chipotle-lime aioli.
20. I could eat a coconut chickpea curry any day of the year.
21. Sweet potato-lined spinach quiche can be for breakfast or part of your dinnertime feast.
22. Do not underestimate the power of good dinner rolls on your table...they can make or break the meal, so try 'em with sweet potatoes.
23. Sweet potato cinnamon roll cake for dessert, anyone?
24. Cinnamon sugar sweet potato fries with a vanilla drizzle are pure genius.
25. It's like carrot cake, just with sweet potatoes instead. Yum.
26. Thought I forgot about a good old sweet potato mash? Don't be absurd. This one's nice and garlic-y.
27. Oh, and who needs pumpkin pie when you have this cinnamon streusel sweet potato pie? No one, that's who.
Are you as jazzed for Thanksgiving to come as I am now? If you can't choose what to feature on your holiday spread...I guess you'll have to do some taste-testing beforehand!