You know a food item has really made it when it's news that there's an emoji for it. Yes, the taco is a true institution.
And if you're anything like me, a good portion of your life is spent wondering when the next time you'll eat a taco will be. I'm not talking about those hard-shell, packet-seasoned, ground beef tacos from childhood (though, there's nothing wrong with a good throwback); I'm referring to the carefully crafted, meticulously flavored, intricately garnished, open-faced masterpieces that dreams are made of. Get ready, because these 22 recipes are about to blow your taste buds away.
1. Chipotle quinoa sweet potato tacos are a perfect way to open up your taco-tunities.
2. Why not mix continents? Thailand + Mexico = these peanuty chicken tacos.
3. Lighten up that craving with this salmon variation...just as delicious.
4. Honey lime tequila shrimp tacos? Um, yes.
5. Or you could go more classic with these braised chicken tacos.
6. ...Or braised pork!
7. How about some smoked pork tacos with peach grapefruit salsa?
8. If you're looking for something easier, try this four-ingredient pulled chicken recipe.
9. This flavorful pulled steak also comes from the slow cooker.
10. If fish tacos literally make your world go round, try out this citrusy baja recipe.
11. Don't wanna fry your fish? Fine...grill it! Still delicious, less guilt (if feeling guilty about fish tacos is possible).
12. Try a meatless Monday with these chickpea cauliflower wraps with cilantro lime crema.
13. These veggie breakfast tacos are a great way to start out any day.
14. If delicious BBQ is the only thing keeping you from going vegan...you no longer have an excuse.
15. Tell me these cumin tofu tacos don't look so spicy-good, even if you're not vegan.
16. But I get it, even I, a "mostly vegetarian," can't resist the occasional steak taco. Oh how I love you, chimichurri.
17. Junk food fans and on-the-go taco lovers...unite!
18. How 'bout some Korean fried chicken tacos? Ohhh yes.
19. Absolutely nothing wrong with a super-traditional breakfast taco, either. Can you say chorizo? Of course you can.
20. These huevos rancheros tacos make my heart go pitter-patter.
21. I can't tell if this is art or a yummy plate of cajun fish tacos...?
And I just don't care.
22. Pork and pineapple...what more could you ever ask for from life?
There's something about making a huge mess and using your hands to share a delicious meal with friends or family. So what's holding you back? Tacos aren't just for Tuesdays, y'know!