Thanksgiving is about seeing just how many carbs, sweets, and savory bites of turkey you can cram into your mouth before your stomach forces you to stop. That's what makes the holiday such a beautiful celebration! We know all that mushy family stuff is just an excuse to eat a five-course meal.
But no matter how many plates you fill, you're still always left with extra the next day. Sure, you could just heat the leftovers up as-is, but these recipes are a much yummier option.
1. Stuff your green bean casserole into some mushroom tops.
2. Or, y'know, stuff 'em with all the sides.
3. Fry up your mashed potatoes for an extra carb kick.
4. Blend your cranberry sauce into a sweet salsa.
5. Wrap the turkey into some tasty egg rolls.
6. Or put it inside some pasta shells.
7. There definitely won't be any leftovers of these pesto rolls.
8. Serve up some savory stuffing waffles for breakfast.
9. ...Or these cranberry rolls, if you're in the mood for something sweet.
10. Pour your unused pumpkin puree into oatmeal for a perfect fall pick-me-up.
11. Toss the turkey into a soup with some crispy tortilla strips.
12. Speaking of soups, this loaded potato recipe is definitely calling my name.
13. So is this sausage and sweet potato version.
14. No chicken needed to make these delicious dumplings.
15. Throw some green beans in eggs for this creative quiche.
16. Have a whole feast in the form of a pizza.
17. Or spice it up inside some empanadas.
18. Unless you prefer enchiladas instead.
19. Heck, have a whole 'nother fiesta with these quesadillas, too!
20. This grilled cheese will put any regular turkey sandwich to shame.
21. Or you can go for some Southern flair with the classic Kentucky hot brown.
22. Top it all off with a cranberry parfait for dessert.
23. Or these cranberry tarts if you've still got a hankering for pie.
24. Or skip the filling and whip up these pie fries!
I've always been a big fan of Thanksgiving, but I think the day after it might be my new favorite holiday. Good thing I don't need to fit into my skinny jeans anytime soon.