It's National Thrift Store Day! (No really, that's a thing.)
In celebration of all things cheap and crafty, you should try some of these super-cheap and super-easy crafts you can use to decorate your house without breaking the bank. Check out the tutorials in the links for more information. Just remember -- the possibilities are endless!
1. Spray-painting plastic animals makes them look like chic sculptures.
2. They can also turn into bookends.
3. Or a funny serving tray!
4. Dollar stores are full of cheap storage containers you can spruce up with some stickers and by painting the lids.
5. Ugly old vases can be repainted to match your decor.
See the tutorial here.
6. A few small trays can be glued to candlesticks to create a tiered tray.
7. You can also use plates for a dainty serving platter.
See how to make this, and the glasses, here.
8. Keep your kitchen items off the counter by making a stand.
9. It also makes a great cake stand.
See how here.
10. A serving tray doesn't have to stay boring, either.
11. Sometimes, a DIY is a great way to get expensive-looking decor.
This DIY version of an Anthropologie wall art piece costs literally several thousand dollars less. (I know. Why would you spend thousands on this? Well, you don't have to.)
12. You can also create some designer-looking sunglasses.
Just decorate with tape and nail polish. It's super easy.
13. Plain mugs can get a personalized makeover.
This is also super easy.
14. A plain glass can be fancy, too.
Just use a bit of spray paint and tape.
15. You can even make your own lighting.
16. Strings of beads can turn into a cheap chandelier.
17. Old cookie cutters can make cute tea lights.
This is a perfect craft for rusted cookie cutters you can't use for food anymore.
18. Plastic plates make for great garden decorations.
Spruce them up with a little paint.
19. Glue rope around a plain laundry basket for something you can display.
20. Glass beads are perfect for customized magnets.
They look professional, but are a breeze to make.
21. Get organized with hanging files.
There are, of course, tons of things you can do with finds from thrift and dollar stores, and with a little creativity, you can make your home look like a million bucks for much less!