I'd be willing to be that at this very moment, there's a drawer in your kitchen you can hardly close because it's chock-full of kitchen utensils you never use anymore. It seems silly to throw out perfectly good serving spoons and forks and knives from incomplete sets. You've probably also got some boxes in the basement from your grandma's house, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to see the light of day again. But what does one do with a rusty cheese grater? A colander past its prime?
Here are some really fun ideas to get your imagination going:
1. Attach an old ladle to some distressed wood for this awesome sconce.
2. Turn an old colander into a fun chandelier.
3. Use old cake tins and teapots to make incredibly adorable succulent gardens.
4. This lamp made from old utensils is so quirky, it's classy.
5. This crafter took some clock mechanics and old beaters and made this awesome piece.
6. String some lights through old cheese graters for these cool hanging lamps.
Here's the DIY version if you're feeling adventurous.
7. Don't buy napkin holders, make them out of old forks.
8. Turn old silverware into cabinet pulls...your kitchen will be so unique!
9. Add some belts or rope to cake tins to make adorably nautical mirrors.
10. You can also get super creative and make a fun multimedia piece with all sorts of old utensils.
11. Use some old colanders, bits, and bobs to make these cool metal flowers for your garden (or your living room)!
12. Simply turn an old cheese grater upside down, stuff it with some flowers, hang it up...and you've got a dish rag holder!
13. A chandelier made from glass teacups and baking tins is equal parts whimsy and classy.
14. Drill holes in a bundt pan and you've got yourself a hanging planter to bring the outdoors in!
15. Mount an old silver tray lid to your wall or a cabinet and hang bar towels from it.
16. Make a wind chime out of your old forks, knives, and spoons, plus an old colander. It'll be perfect for breezy afternoons!
17. Make a fun set of hooks to put all your coffee mugs on display.
18. It turns out you can use an old cake tin to make a brand-new ukelele?!
19. Make an awesome picture frame out of a vintage muffin tin...too cute!
This is really just the beginning of all the possibilities at hand. Glue or fasten those vintage mismatched forks and knives to just about anything, and you've got a totally one-of-a-kind piece for your home!