We don't all have the big bucks to spend on the furniture we really want. Nevertheless, we continue to dream of what our homes would look like if we did. I'm sure most of us have at least a few mood boards in our brains for our dream designs.
But here's the thing! With these genius hacks, you can turn cheap, plain furniture into really special pieces that you'll cherish:
1. Take a TV stand and make it into this bedroom bench.
2. Swap out plain sofa legs for fancier, more elegant ones.
3. There's nothing a little bit of paint can't spiff up, of course.
4. Spray paint can do wonders, too! Check out this IKEA bar cart revamp.
5. Turn a simple dish into a beautiful hanging pendant lamp.
6. Fake an elegant "built-in" for your "library."
7. Swap out the cheap countertop on these floating cabinets for painted planks, and you've got elegant dining room storage.
8. Take two cheap rug skins to make one big, expensive-looking one.
9. Add some black rope to these plain chairs, and they're entirely changed for the better!
10. Turn a ho-hum dresser haute with fancy drawer pulls and brackets.
11. Add tufting (or, as I like to call it, little buttons) to a plain sofa to make it classy.
12. Who doesn't want a mirror surrounded by gemstones?
13. Feeling kind of Mad Men? Turn a bookshelf sideways to make a mid-century console.
14. Bring life to a plain floor mirror with some molding.
15. You won't even recognize what this elegant, cushioned headboard once was.
16. Ever think, "A chopping board would make a really good bedside table"?
17. Turn a plain old, unfinished IKEA cart into this beauty.
18. Who'd have thought you could turn a wire basket into a side table?
19. A little love inside and out makes a previously boring dresser super cute!
20. Some nailhead trim does the trick on an unimpressive sofa.
21. This gorgeous little table started its life as a laundry hamper. True story!
I'll never look at a simple side table or bed frame the same way again. Now all I'll see is the potential every piece holds if I only apply a little elbow grease and some paint!
Which craft will you try first?