If your home is anything like my childhood house, there's a linen closet that no one dares to open, lest they desire to get buried beneath an avalanche of bedsheets which have gone unused for years. Yet no one can seem to get rid of them. Maybe they've got sentimental value, maybe they're just pretty, or perhaps they've got a really rad Star Wars print that you're too embarrassed to put on your bed, but not too embarrassed to donate them.
Well, here are 20 solutions to this all-too-common problem.
1. This duvet cover came from a vintage sheet, believe it or not!
2. This crocheted rug was made from six vintage bedsheets!
3. You can also crochet a pet bed!
4. If you really love that set of sheets, you could just make them into pants!
5. Or maybe you're looking for something more formal.
6. An old sheet can make a really cool retro skirt, too.
7. This skirt is pretty chic, as well.
8. Need a cool fitted sheet but only have flat ones left in the throwaway pile? No problem.
9. You could also add some ruffles to your fitted sheets with an old sheet.
10. Need some throw pillows? Easy.
11. Maybe you'd prefer to make some jewelry.
12. ...Or some bling for your front door.
13. If you've got some apples and fabric paint, you're a few steps away from this cute watermelon tablecloth.
14. If you want to put some pizzazz into your shelves, why not cover them in sheets?
15. You can also make your favorite designs into curtains.
16. Have too many grocery bags hanging around? Well, making just one more bag can solve that problem.
17. These super-cool and classy placemats and napkins came from, you guessed it, old sheets.
18. Sheets can even be used by outdoor enthusiasts. Make yours into a tarp!
19. Or maybe you'd rather just make an indoor tent...
20. Teepees make for epic slumber party accessories!
You'll never have to dig yourself out from a tomb of linen closet overflow again!