Ahhh cake: you hear that word, and I dare you not to think happy thoughts. There's a cake for literally everyone. Don't like chocolate? Fine, try a yellow cake. Like to eat healthy? Okay, no problem. Have more of a tangy palette? Cool, I can work with that.
All I'm saying is that cake is great, and here are 21 recipes that'll convince you if you're still on the cake fence.
First of all...THIS IS NOT CAKE. At least not in my book. This is a cruel joke on my very demanding sweet tooth, and I'm hurt by its deceptive nature.
Sure, it looks like a nice, summery snack, but I asked for cake not melon. Now that the funny business is out of the way...
1. Wanna start off simple? Try this easy yellow cake recipe if you're not feeling bold quite yet.
2. Great, now that we've got our toes wet...this chocolate-filled Kahlua tiramisu cake is everything you could ever dream of.
3. If you're a caffeine fiend, these coffee cake muffins will make you crumble.
4. Try out this olive oil pound cake for something different.
5. This salted caramel layer cake makes me mad...because I'm not eating it.
6. Look who came to join the salted caramel party: fudge!
7. Like something a little more tart? Try this beautiful lemon blueberry cake.
8. You like chocolate cake? Me too. Me. Too.
9. For being gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free, this cake still looks pretty darn good.
But if you opt for this for any other reason besides a purely medical one...I will judge you.
10. If this sour cream bundt cake with lemon glaze doesn't look like heaven...I don't know what to tell you.
11. Ferrero Rocher chocolates have been my favorite since the beginning of time...they're like upscale Kit Kats. Now they're in a CAKE?!
12. Did you know that it's now socially acceptable to have cake for breakfast? And you can cook it in the microwave?!
13. Combine Fudgsicles with chocolate cake and you get this.
14. Red velvet cake: you either love it, or you hate it.
If you hate it, your loss!
15. But what about blue velvet?
Honestly, this cake belongs in a museum, it's so beautiful.
16. Blackberry cake: kinda like strawberry shortcake, but more purple.
17. I don't know what your limit for "too sweet" is...but this is nowhere near my threshold.
18. More of a donut fan? Try these.
19. I'm going to level with you: I mainly included this chocolate moon cake because outer space is really cool.
20. We're winding down now, but I'm not going anywhere until we talk about carrot cake.
It's the best. Unless, of course, there's chocolate nearby.
21. ...But just look at that cream cheese frosting!